Pages

Jun 1, 2010

DAY 8

Last night I realized that people here are the same in Switzerland and the US. We all speak louder on our cell phones when using them. My host dad last night made a phone call on her cell phone and was speaking VERY loudly! I started to giggle because I know other people who do that (mom wink wink*).
The work load is getting bigger. Today we spent the day reviewing everything so that things really stick! We also walked around Antigua for a bit because we were both tired and needed to wake up.
After class I went to a butterfly farm. Unfortunately when we got there we were told that all the butterflies flew away because of the storm. Agatha was so intense the other day that all the wind blew the butterfly roof off and they all flew away.
The only butterflies we were able to see were the ones they had in their little lab. It was really interesting. The man only spoke spanish and I was able to understand a good 65-70% of what he was saying -- After 6 Spanish classes :)
I walked through the market today *pictures* and that was great fun! It's smaller than the Bazzar in Turkey but just as packed!! You can buy anything there -- from toilet paper to shoes to flowers to clothes - food - EVERYTHING.

1 comment:

  1. Me gusta tus fotos y me gusta leer acerca de tus muchas experiencias en Guatemala. Te echo de menos mucho. I feel like I am there with you as I read your blog. It warms my heart and it makes me want to be there.

    Tu hermana en Jesucristo, Tiffany Taylor

    P.S. this was the only way that I could post something because I don't have an account. Te amo mucho!

    ReplyDelete