Pages

Jun 18, 2010


For the past couple of weeks I have had a new roommate. Her name is Lindsay and she's from the US. Funny enough right when we starting talking about why we were in Guatemala we found that we have both been to the DR and have both worked in Students international!! She was there in January and I was there in March. She knows Vicki and Josh just like I do! To find out that we were both at the same place at different times was out of control! I didn't believe it at first until we started talking about the different sites and she mentioned something about the meal bell that was rung every time breakfast, lunch or dinner can around. She worked at one of the medical sites everyday while she was working with S.I. She is now in Antigua learning Spanish at a different school from I, however, she is going to work with S.I Guatemala in one week just like in the DR! Q and Chief -- can you imagine if we were going to do that too! I told her about how I was maybe going to be working with SI Guatemala as well once I was done in Antigua. OUT OF CONTROL !!
Since the world cup as been up and rolling, a group of us students and our individual teachers have been watching the games instead of studying...lol. I'm so happy Switzerland beat Spain! I was wearing my Swiss t-shirt the whole day and everyone at the school was for Spain. My teacher and I left the school to go to the French crepe place to watch the game and when we came back everyone here was really sad! haha! :) All I could say was " Suiza gano!" -- which means Switzerland wone! :) :)


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Amazing that she was with SI, and Josh and Vicki! That would have been great if we were still going to be there in Guatemala! Sounds like you are still having a great time...and proudly representing the Swiss! :) Take care, Lexie!

    ReplyDelete