Pages

May 28, 2010

Day 4

Yesterday during my trip to the coffee farm, I felt quite a big shake. It turns out that there is a correlation between that shake and the recent volcano eruption. Pacaya is the name of the volcano that just erupted. I read up on the event and the airport in Guatemala City is closed - which mean Mr. Idaho is stuck there as he was supposed to be leaving today. Guatemala City is covered in ash. My little host brother (who is just the cutest!) doesn't have school today. I am not sure where exactly he goes but his school was cancelled for the day. Antigua is far enough from Guatemala City that nothing around here has really been affected. I was planning on climbing Pacaya this week end with CSA -- but I don't think that's gonna take place anymore. :( I really wanted to go up it and roast marshmallows in the lava. Oh well. * Sorry Ang! :(
Today in class was my first little "quiz" or test covering everything I have learned. Mi maestra said I am doing really well :) I already know how to conjugate 8 verbs and have a least a list of 500 words -- which means by week 4 I will know 2000 words....maybe. This week end will consist of reviewing everything and solidifying all of those words in my brain. I have made flashcards for myself so that I can review them over and over. Teresa (my teacher) and talked a lot about little kids and how much we love them! He little boy is really cute!
She showed me some pictures of her and her husband along with their little boy :)
Yesterday was merengue night *pictures available*. The place where I went to was at Mr. Idaho's school down the road from mine. The director of his school is French so I got to meet him. We spoke in French for at least an hour. It was SO NICE :) At that school there are also two girls from Quebec and so we spent time listening and laughing at each other's accents. There was also a german lady, which means I obviously had to talk to her too :) Last night I was speaking in French, English, German and Spanish. LOCO! It was so much fun!! :)
As you will see in the pictures I have found a little French Crepe place. They have wi-fi so I have been spending time there working on my homework and of course blogging. :P

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Lexie! That is such a monster jar of Nutella! My kids would be loving that! So happy for you to get to meet all these people who speak all those languages that you know! Who knew it would be in Guatemala? :) Stay safe, have fun, and keep learning...yet another language! :)

    ReplyDelete