Pages

May 30, 2010

Day 5 y 6

Yesterday was a bit rough with all the rain that we got *Check out pictures*. We had tropical storm Agatha come by for a visit. Not having school on saturdays, volcano pacaya exploding and the tropical storm caused for quite a slow and uneventful day. Mr. Idaho is now Lyle. lol. He was supposed to leave on Friday morning however because of the volcano his group wasn't able to leave. They are now taking a bus to El Salvador and then flying out from there. The roads to El Salvador have been blocked because of massive landslides from all the rain but they are still going. There is a church that I was told about by some missionaries here. I went to it this morning but the pastor told me there wasn't going to be a service because of all the rain. They got a little rain damage and were in the middle of clearing it all away. The pastor is American and is really great! We talked for a bit and he invited me to come to a bible study on Wednesday nights, so I might check it out.
Yesterday I also helped a French couple out. We met in the French crepe place. They were trying to call their airline but were having problems communicating in English so we sat together and I helped them get calls out and talk to their airline about their tickets. They are still stuck here.
Right now I'm sitting at a Mcdonalds looking right at volcano Agu. Its is REALLY big! The French crepe place, where I usually go for my internet it closed on Sundays. The Mcdonalds is really nice here. Antigua has a lot of guards and there is one for Mcdonalds and he walks around about every 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the day. With the plans that I had last week, I was going to climb Pacaya today but obviously that is slighting impossible at the moment! lol. Also because of all the rain a lot of things are closed and wet, so really I might simply sit around and so homework for the rest of the day. Hope you enjoy all the pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Like the new look and layout of your blog. Sorry your weekend plans were kind of a "bust" with all the weather and volcanic activity! :) Happy for you to get to meet even more French speaking people while in Guatemala! Wishing you a safe and happy state-side Memorial Day!
    And great pictures, too, Lexie!
    Chief

    ReplyDelete